A personal property appraisal service for art, antiques, and household contents.
We appraise items by identifying them and determining their market value.
All appraisal reports are certified and meet national USPAP standards.
We do not buy from clients but can assist them in finding the proper venue to sell their items on the best possible terms.
Who do we work for?
- The older couple who want a clear record of what they own and it's value.
- The individual or family who want to adequately insure their property.
- People who need the donation value of charitable gifts.
- Families that have inherited an estate and need it's value before division.
- Buyers who want to understand market value before bidding at auction or buying from a dealer.
- Charities who want to help donors establish the IRS value of gifts.
- Divorcing couples needing to equitably divide shared holdings.
- Businesses that want to know the value of assets before disposal.
- Individuals, families and businesses that have suffered a loss and need to document replacement cost for insurance.
Who appraises your property?
The Managing Appraiser Bob Troiano, SPA (Senior Professional Appraiser) has 10 years of experience. He graduated from the American Society of Appraiser's program in Art and Antiques Appraisal Studies at the Rhode Island School of Design. Bob has studied at Winterthur and earned degrees from Hunter College, Cornell, and the University of Michigan.
He is a member of the National Association of Professional Appraisers, a member (candidate) of the American Society of Appraisers, Boston Chapter, and a member of the Southern New England Antique Dealers Association.
Frank McNamee, is Providence Appraisal's Senior Consulting Appraiser on large or complex appraisals. In 1974 he co-founded, with his mother Mary McNamee, The Marion Antique Shop. Since that beginning he has studied at Winterthur, graduated from Providence College, received his Certificate in Art and Antique Appraisal Studies from the ASA-RISD program, and become a regionally recognized dealer and appraiser of fine art and antiques. His estate sales, auctions and antique shows are some of the most successful in New England.
The Collaborative was established to provide clients with an unbiased opinion on the value of their estate or collection based upon the best information and expertise available. We work with museum specialists, dealers, auction houses, and other appraisers to best answer the question of value.
How do we charge for service?
Charges are based on an hourly rate for staff time and direct out of pocket costs.
Do we provide other services?
We put on road show type events for businesses and non-profits, and can organize on-site sales and auctions.
Please contact us to answer any questions or to help you with an appraisal.
Bob Troiano, SPA, Managing Appraiser
Providence Appraisal Collaborative LLC
288 Benefit Street
Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Thank you for visiting our site